Sawlians Are ほこり

 written by 20203 Kim Seoyeong

 

 


The PRESS: What are the advantages of our school students?

Principal Seo Dongshin: Our students are excellent in many ways, and most of them seem to be able to collaborate. Since most students live with many friends both in the dorms and classrooms and have classes with many teachers, I think their collaboration skills have developed. Since this collaboration is related to consideration for each other, it seems that consideration is also an advantage for students in our school.

 

PRESS: What is the most memorable activity with the students you have had so far?

Principal: The most memorable is the international exchange that reveals the characteristics of foreign language high schools. It was the first international exchange in 2016 that was the most memorable for me. It was awe-inspiring to see students communicate and interact with people from other countries through a foreign language they learned for a short time. It is the most memorable not only because of the foreign language learned through activities with sister schools. Also, it was an opportunity for our students to broaden their horizons. They were able to feel and think about the overall situation in the country that they visited.

I also remember the election for student president. I felt very proud to see it because I could feel that our students are growing up in school. They gave probing and logical questions and answers as they moved up in high school from their first-year to the second-year and finally, to their third-year.

  

PRESS: What would be a word to describe SAWL in Japanese?

Principal: It would be “ほこり.” This Japanese word means pride. Our students have very bright and positive energies because they have great pride in themselves and the school. So, the word “ほこり” always suits students because they smile and have good energy.

 

PRESS: Why do you take pictures as a hobby?

Principal: I take pictures because I like to travel and want to leave it as my personal record. But so far, my record has not been able to express the unique feelings of something.

 

PRESS: What is your favorite photo from school?


Principal:
This is my favorite picture. This spring picture shows various flowers blooming in one frame. I like this photo because the flowers seem to resemble our school students who bloom with their own dreams. There are prettier pictures, but I’m sorry that I couldn’t show them because of the students’ picture and privacy rights. Also, the pictures I took are delivered to the homeroom teacher, so if you want to get your pictures, please ask your homeroom teacher.

Comments